Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Felt Pizza

I was a little late in sewing my nephews birthday felt food (I just mailed it today and his b-day was almost a month ago), so I decided that I wasn't going to procrastinate on his Christmas set, a felt pizza set.



Felt food has taught me a few lessons, the biggest one being that I hate, I mean really, with every fiber of my being, *hate* hand sewing. His birthday food was a sandwich and pita set, which I hand sewed (and mailed before photographing). This pizza set was all done on the sewing machine. It took me about 15 minutes to make this set on the machine, but it would've taken days for me to get it done if I was hand sewing it all (okay it probably would have taken me weeks to finish it). I will concede to the fact that hand sewn felt food looks much better, but my nephew is 3, I don't really think he's going to care very much how I sewed it together, he's just going to be happy that I made it for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment